Seed coating means protection, release of nutritive elements and defence against pathogens. In fact it is well known that the first stages of seedling development are most critical for a successful establishment. LET US TAKE A LOOK AT THE BENEFITS Coated seed can:
- Carry microorganisms necessary for the assimilation of nutritive elements - for example Rhizobium bacteria on legumes
- Carry seed treatments such as pesticides and fungicides
- Carry nutritive elements and fertilizers
- Protect seed from birds and insects – in fact coating components are not toxic but they don’t even attract them
- Protect seed from mechanic stress caused by seeding machines
- Have ballistic properties during random sowing
- Less hard-seeds content which means higher immediate germination percentage on the establishment of legume species such as alfalfa, clovers etc...
Our attention to farmer's needs, our trials and our direct experience on the fields, led us to formulate an improved coating that is suitable for all the sowing machines.THE RELEVANT FEATURES ARE:
- The new formulation with improved flow characteristics allows a uniform distribution on the ground for a perfect sowing
- The extra-resistance of the coating avoids dust leakage and dust accumulation in the sowing machine.
- The new coating materials, calcium carbonate based, correct the acidity of the soil enhancing germination and Rhizobia activity